- Cyber Reserves Are Not a Silver Bullet War on the Rocks (22 May 2020).
- Ten Easy Steps To Becoming a Vanilla Thought Leader SecJuice (10 May 2020).
- What The Wire Can Teach Us About Cyber Security Digital Shadows (21st April 2020).
- Intelligence Frameworks: 5 Rules for Integrating These Frameworks Digital Shadows (29th January 2020).
- The Cybersecurity Skill Shortage Goes Beyond a Government Responsibility Secjuice (12 January 2020).
- A Threat Intelligence Analyst’s Guide to Today’s Sources of Bias Digital Shados (5th December 2019).
- Hello My Data, Are You Out There? Secjuice (22nd September 2019).
- Mentoring Me, Mentoring You Secjuice (9th June 2019).
- Long Live Non-Profit's Secjuice (10th February 2019).
- Leadership in Cyber Security The Oxford Character Project (28th November 2018).
- Predicting 2018's Bah Humbug. SecJuice (25th November 2018).
- Beyond Buzzword Bingo: A Measured Discussion of AI and Cybersecurity. SecJuice (28th October 2018).
- Cyber Conflict as an Academic Discipline: It’s Not All Doom-and-Gloom. Council on Foreign Relations (18th September 2018). Coauthored with Monica Kaminska.
- Non-traditional State Actors: New Kids on the Block. Digital Shadows (18th September 2018).
- Bashing Facebook Is Not the Answer to Curbing Russian Influence Operations. Council on Foreign Relations (18th September 2017). Coauthored with Monica Kaminska.
- Getting Intelligence Agencies to Adapt to Life Out of the Shadows. Council on Foreign Relations (5th April 2017).
- "Cyber Security Assemblages: A Framework for Understanding the Dynamic and Contested Nature of Security Provision" Politics and Governance 6, no.2 (2018).
- "Proxy Actors in the Cyber Domain: Implications for State Strategy,” St Anthony’s International Review 13, no.1 (2017).
- "Strategies of Cyber Crisis Management: Lessons from the Approaches of Estonia and the United Kingdom," in Ethics and Policies for Cyber Operations, ed. Mariarosaria Taddeo and Ludovica Glorioso, vol. 124 of Philosophical Studies Series. (Springer, 2017), 187-212.
- “Cyber Security Assemblages” (paper presented at the International Studies Association’s 58th Annual Convention, Baltimore, Maryland, February 22-25 2017).
- “Security Dichotomies in Cyber Security” (paper presented at British International Studies Association 41st Annual International Conference 2016, Edinburgh, UK, June 15-17, 2016). Coauthored with Jantje Silomon.